::inspiring Mondays::


The sun was shining this morning and Michael and I had a long slow breakfast sipping coffee and chatting away. Such pleasure, usually reserved for the weekend, could only happen on a Monday... the week is just starting, we're bright and fresh, and filled with that sweet touch of promise that a new week brings.

We had a good weekend. We had long slow breakfasts, which are a mark of good weekends. We had gardening and curling up on the sofa under a blankie and a long run and cheese platter for Saturday dinner, with my favourite Portuguese wine (Planalto, if you're interested; available at Majestic Wine in the UK).

The #nomakeup selfie* above is to raise awareness for cancer. The initiative has already raised a fair bit of money, but the more the better when beating such a horrid disease is the end goal. Text BEAT to 70099 if you're in the UK and join the movement.

:: my friends. I cannot begin to explain how much better my life is to have such supportive and true friends.
:: crisp early spring mornings in our cute cottage.
:: my running buddy, Nicky.
:: our garden, ivy and all.
:: yellow roses. I so want yellow roses!

I hope you had a lovely sunny Monday, filled with good news. And yellow roses, if possible :)

*as my dear brother pointed out, I very rarely wear make up anyway, so I should add the disclaimer that this is a normal face day for me.

5 comments:

  1. that's so nice!!! I had a nice monday too actually. woke up by chance this morning at 04h50 (and not at 04h40 as I had in my alarm), people were happy, maybe because of the good weather in the morning and the meetings during the day went ok. Just returned from a nice dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like the perfect Monday indeed... bar the waking up time ;)
      x

      Delete
  2. Your words make me feel happy as well, dearest Joey! So happy to hear that you are having lovely days with your Love and that you got good news. I was asking myself the same question as the one mentioned next to the * ;) An adorable photo of yours, sweet friend! Much love to both of you! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes spring is here indeed! Perfect to enjoy outdoors :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...